- 3 cups large white navy beans
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced red or white onion
- 1/2 cup sliced or diced green or red bell pepper
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea or Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon each paprika and tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil (to taste)
- Juice of one large lemon and lemon zest
- Fresh lemon wedges
- Fresh chopped parsley, green onions, basil and mint
- Kalamata, green, or black olives
- Roasted red peppers, sliced or chopped
Cover beans with cold water and cook on medium heat for 30-35 minutes until beans are fully cooked. Drain, cool, and set aside.
Place the beans in a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients, and toss with olive oil and lemon juice. Adjust the seasonings, add the zest, and toss again.
Arrange salad on a large platter and garnish with lemon wedges, chopped parsley, green onions, basil and mint, assorted olives, roasted peppers, and Armenian bread or crackers.
Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.