- 2 (6-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach, washed, drained, torn into pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese or 1 cup diced Mozzarella or Munster cheese (more to taste)
- 2 thick slices white or French bread, crust removed, diced in pieces
- Sea or Kosher salt, black pepper, and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground red pepper and ground nutmeg
- Olive oil
- Sour cream
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Sauté the onions and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, eggs, milk, cheese, and spices together. Add the cooked onion and garlic mixture to the bowl and mix.
Pour into a greased casserole dish, top with the cubed bread, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.