- 7 or 8 large baking potatoes, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup minced flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 1 cup white onions, chopped finely
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 or 4 green onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 or 3 stalks celery, chopped
- Kosher or sea salt, white pepper, paprika, dried cumin, and Aleppo pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Juice of 2 large lemons, plus lemon zest from 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Chopped fresh purple basil (rahan) as garnish
- Roasted red bell pepper and eggplant strips as garnish
In a large bowl, combine the cooked diced potatoes with the remaining ingredients, spices, mint, lemon juice, zest, and olive oil, and toss. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight for best results. Garnish with chopped fresh purple basil, and roasted red bell pepper and eggplant strips and serve with extra lemon juice and olive oil on the side.
Serves 8 to 10.
*Christine’s recipes have been published in the Fresno Bee Newspaper, Sunset Magazine, Cooking Light Magazine, and at http://www.thearmeniankitchen.com/