- This event has passed.
About Self-Education Platform in Armenia
SEP is a self-education platform that has been initiated by a group of professionals from different spheres with the aim of promoting and developing non-formal education in Armenia.
SEP is planning to create non-formal education institutions for adults based on the higher folk schools model of the Scandinavian countries.
Non-formal education for adults will promote:
- Continuous professional development,
- Obtaining of modern and highly demanded professions,
- Civic education and formation of civic consciousness,
- Establishment and development of community connections,
- Availability of professional development opportunities in the provinces (decentralization).
About Higher Folk Schools
Higher Folk Schools are educational centers established in the Scandinavian countries. The centers serve the needs of the adults who want to continue their education, change their lifestyles, gain new skills and become more conscious and free.
Learning in these centers is organized both through long-term programs (up to six months) and short term educational events (seminars, education camps, etc).
In addition to professional education, students at the centers also gain knowledge and skills that contribute to the formation and development of civic consciousness.
This model of non-formal education for adults has significantly contributed to the transformation of the societies in the Scandinavian countries as well as triggered the fast development of human potential and economic growth.
About Con-SEP-tion Summit
In order to present this model of higher folk schools to the wider society, the Self-Education Platform is organizing the Con-SEP-tion Summit in Aghveran on 18 July, 2021.
The Summit will be organized at the Park Resort Aghveran Hotel which is one of our partner organizations.
The slogan of the Summit is “Inhale knowledge, exhale skills!”
The Summit has the following goals:
- Draw attention to the SEP project and the higher folk schools model,
- Mobilize the potential of the handicraft, teaching and scientific community,
- Establish the foundations for the development of future programs and creation of educational centers,
- Establish partnership with all interested stakeholders
During the Summit, a number of trainings, discussions, lectures and master classes will be organized on the following topics:
- Science, history, culture
- Business, marketing, media-literacy and journalism
- IT professions
- Psychology and coaching
- Art-therapy, ceramics, music and dancing
- Sport events
More than 30 lectures, presentations and master classes will be held during the Summit and up to 500 participants will be engaged in these activities.
Summit participants will get an opportunity to:
- Spend the day in a creative and dynamic environment practicing new skills
- Try a range of different activities from sports to arts, from science to business
- Network with interesting and inspiring people from different spheres
- Explore non-traditional methods of learning
- Promotion of out-of-box thinking through unique trainings, special environment and exercises
- Become part of the emerging Self-Education Platform (SEP) community dedicated to continuous learning and self-development
Proposal for cooperation
The Self-Education Platform is looking for partners and sponsors for organization of the Summit.
We are looking forward to cooperating with any person or organization and jointly contributing to the transformation of society through spreading educational programs for the wider segments of the population.