By Edmond Y. Azadian Ahmed Davutoglu, Turkey’s foreign minister, has laid his campaign plans to drown Armenian voices in 2015. Indeed, as Armenians prepare with their scarce resources to make[...]

By Raffi Bedrosyan The conference organized by the Hrant Dink Foundation about “Islamicized Armenians” at the Istanbul Bosphorus University in early November broke one more taboo in Turkey. A hidden reality,[...]

By Raffi Bedrosyan When someone visits Armenia for the first time, the tour itinerary invariably includes a multitude of churches and monasteries. Modern Armenia is the land of churches. Historic[...]

By Edmond Y. Azadian The Russian novelist Anton Chekhov once wrote a satirical short story about the significance of medals in 19th-century Russian society. The story dwells on the predicament[...]

By Edmond Y. Azadian “Am I the last poet? Am I the last singer of my country?” wondered the poet Vahan Teryan in the aftermath of the[...]

By Edmond Y. Azadian The presidential election in Georgia is not only significant for the Georgians, but also for its neighbors in Armenia and the entire region. Georgian Dream is[...]

By Edmond Y. Azadian For months now Peter Koutoujian’s name has been on the national stage for Armenian-Americans and the hopes were quite realistic to see another Armenian on the[...]

By Edmond Y. Azadian Serving as a geopolitical bridge of NATO structure between Europe and the Middle East, Turkey improved its economy and international image to a point where Ottomanist[...]

By Edmond Y. Azadian Against the backdrop of bloodbaths raging in Syria and Iraq, the drumbeat of a looming new war was too much for the international community to bear.[...]

By Edmond Azadian It is a delightful autumn night in Yerevan. Streets are bustling with people. Families are strolling along boulevards and the city lights create an idyllic atmosphere. The[...]

By Edmond Y. Azadian For the last three and a half years, Armenia had been negotiating with the European Union (EU) to sign the Association Agreement, yet on September 3,[...]