1. Combine bulgur, 1 1/4 cups boiling water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium bowl; cover and let stand 20 minutes.
2. Drain bulgur through a fine sieve; place drained bulgur in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add cilantro and all remaining ingredients, toss well and check seasonings.
4. Add more olive oil, lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with crackers, sliced bread, pita chips, and Armenian peda or cracker bread.
(Christine Vartanian Datian was born in Fresno, CA and is a resident of Las Vegas, NV. She is the daughter of Mrs. Alice (Sarkisian) Vartanian (formerly of Lowell, MA) and the late Arthur Vartanian of Fresno. She is a graduate of California State University Fresno (CSUF) and holds a Master of Arts (MA) Degree in News-Editorial Journalism. She has worked in San Francisco, Reno and Las Vegas in advertising and marketing companies and at Harrah’s Corporate Advertising Department in Reno. She served in technical support positions at the Yucca Mountain Project (YMP) and the Nevada Test Site in Las Vegas for the Department of Energy (DOE). Christine has had recipes published in Sunset and Cooking Light Magazines; find her recipes at: http://search.myrecipes.com/search.html?Ntt=datian or at http://www.thearmeniankitchen.com.)